Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has a very sore hind leg i couldnt get into the vet till

Customer Question

she has a very sore hind leg i couldnt get into the vet till tomorrow but tonight she seems to be in pain ....she wont even put it on the ground
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: i was wondering if i could give her aspro clear but i need to know what dose
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 9 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about your girl's situation with her rear leg. How long has it been sore? Is she putting weight on it? How old is she? What breed?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
about a month but it comes and goes just as ive gone to take her to the vet she is fine! no she is not putting wieght on it she 6yrs old 7yrs in october ...poodle /pomeranian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But tonight it hasnt gone away and you can tell she is in pain
Thank you for that information again. What you can do to help your vet out is to video how she's walking / not using the leg at home at this time here tonight. That way tomorrow they can see exactly what you're seeing if by some chance it gets better again. A little one like this, a luxating knee cap has to be on the list of suspicions. A degenerative hip situation could be an issue too. Arthritis would be on the list of rule outs as well as a possible ligament injury. To be honest, the best thing you can do here tonight is to let her rest. I would get her a nice quiet area where she can just take it easy until you can get into your vet tomorrow. I wouldn't do any OTC pain meds as your vet will want to do things tomorrow.