Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

The dog I'm watching just ate a good chin k of timfoil JA:

Customer Question

The dog I'm watching just ate a good chin k of timfoil
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chunk of tinfoil
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He is 12 years old no other issue but arthritis
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about this dog you are watching. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not get help from an expert until now. Most of the time pieces of tinfoil will pass through. How is he doing? Is he eating? Any vomiting? If he is a small dog, and it was a very large piece, there is a risk of it causing a blockage. How much does he weigh? How big was it, like 6 inches? If he is eating, continue to feed him. Feeding bulky foods like canned unsweetened pumpkin may help push it through. Let me know if this is helpful and how he is doing.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote. How is he doing today?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
How is your dog?