Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I have a 7 year old peekapoo and she's very lethargic.

Customer Question

Hello I have a 7 year old peekapoo and she's very lethargic. Her stomach is hard and she is shaking..should I be concerned? Did she eat something that could do this to her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Not really that's all I've noticed. She's curled up in a ball and when I try to carry her you can tell her stomach hurts.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. While her lethargy, tense stomach, and shaking are important symptoms, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Primary gastrointestinal disorders and metabolic disorders which affect the GI tract are considered. May I have an update on her, please? Have new symptoms arisen since you initially posted?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have taken her to see the vet thanks
I understand. I'm pleased to hear that she was attended to.You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.