Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 12 lb chihuahua just ate a 1/2 of a Percocet. The milligrams

Customer Question

Hi my 12 lb chihuahua just ate a 1/2 of a Percocet. The milligrams are 10-325 (he consumed about 5/175). We try to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide but we were unsuccessful. Do we need to rush him in to the emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the chihuahua will be able to digest that. What is the chihuahua's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** and he is about 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about T.?
Customer: No, he is in perfect health
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Can you give me an update on how your dog is doing? Any sedation?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.