Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My ols lhsa apso wont settle hes walking up and down looking

Customer Question ols lhsa apso wont settle hes walking up and down looking frighned and confuse so.i.gave him a 1/4 of 7.5 zopiclone and hes now fast asleep is this ok x
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No hes got no wounds hes q5yrs of age i was gettin concerned cos he looked so tired and worn out b4 the zoppy but now hes settled just hope this cant harm.him thanks x
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No hes not on any meds just very unsettled tonite whining goin in n oiut the garden in n out all the rooms im thinkin he may have dementia
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Thank your for your question. How much does he weigh? My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian. His weight will help me to calculate if this is safe or not. How long ago did he get the zopiclone?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
If he is over 11 pounds, this is not a dangerous dose. He may sleep, and it may not be out of his system fully for 24 hours, but he should not be in danger.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
How is your Lhasa Apso doing? Was my answer helpful? Please let me know if I can help with anything else.