Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Have English bulldog has Edina in one front and back paw on

Customer Question

Have English bulldog has Edina in one front and back paw on opposite sides, also stomach was distended her vet but on antibiotic and lasik yet she isn't doing much better, vet just keeps wanting to run this or that test. She had ingested rhubarb leaves about 2 weeks ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the English bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the English bulldog's name?
Customer: Peaches
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peaches?
Customer: No blood test shows neu was 12.36 tad on high side all other stuff in range also temp is 97.7
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.
HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....my concern is not for the rhubarb leaves...they are slightly toxic to dogs but if your dogs values are normal I am not at all sure that your dog's current symptoms are at all related to the rhubarb. Edema in the legs is very concerning for cancer......and generally indicates a serious illness.If your vet wants to run tests you should probably let them as this is likely the only way you are going to get an answer. My biggest concern would be for lymphoma. Take your dog back to your vet. Please let me know if I can help you further but don't ignore these symptoms......Sincerely, ***** ***** rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B