Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog developed a Seroma a few days post surgery. We're

Customer Question

Hi - My dog developed a Seroma a few days post surgery. We're now going on day 13 and it's still there but it hasn't gotten any worse. My question is, if it takes 2-4 weeks to reabsorb, can she start being active again after day 14? By being active, I mean can I start taking her on longer walks, let her off leash as dog runs and allow her to start playing with other dogs at doggy day care? Or do I need to restrict her activity until the seroma completely disovles?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no wound on foot
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Buddy (but she's a girl). She got spayed on April 21
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about April 21?
Customer: No, just that is when she got spayed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ronald Reupert replied 5 months ago.
Hi ...this is Dr. Reupert. How large is this seroma? Is there ay drainage? Is it painful to touch? I am assuming it is at the incision site on the abdomen. Are the stitches out now?
If you can, post a picture