Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My husband swears he gave our Newfoundland her Trifexis pill

Customer Question

My husband swears he gave our Newfoundland her Trifexis pill on the 22nd of April. But she is scratching like crazy and has been for several days. I am wondering if he just for got or if she spit it out later. I don't know if it's safe to give her a dose now when it would normally be due on the 22nd. Jemima is a 120lb Newfoundland.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the Newfoundland's name?
Customer: Jemima
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jemima?
Customer: She is a healthy girl. And usually takes her pills well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Are you seeing fleas or any abnormality in the skin like: Redness, flaky, etc.?