Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a small yorkie about 6 lbs she had been very lethargic,

Customer Question

I have a small yorkie about 6 lbs she had been very lethargic, not drinking, not eating she has episodes like this quite often we take her to the vet and she doesny say anything is wrong her temp is 101, and she keeps vomiting in her throat but nothing comes up. she causes geckos and has bit the tail off quite a few, could it be she slowed one. She is back to eating, and drinking again but this happens several times a month
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Her eyes get dazed and she stares off like she doesn't know where she is she also lays around not moving we have to pick her up during this time to take her out to pee. Today she is coherent and back to herself we have an appointment with the vet I had called yesterday but she was full so we have one today. We had taken her to the emergency room on sundy they did not say anything was wrong.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.Have any of the vets ran any blood work? If so, do you know specifically what they ran?How old is she?Has this been going on her whole life?