Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog got spayed two days ago, she is 7 years old and had

Customer Question

My dog got spayed two days ago, she is 7 years old and had an infected uterus, she did not eat 3 days prior to her getting emergency surgery so now its been close to six days and since she dont like just any type of food nor eat treats, she wont eat her med, i am concern
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: Other then that she also dont want to drink water, i dont want her to dehydrated on me
JA: Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Has she been getting her medications? 2- What medications is she on? 3- Is she lethargic?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.