Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My English Bulldog has been looking sick and has this brown

Customer Question

Hi. My English Bulldog has been looking sick and has this brown around his Anal Pocket that smells. Help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the English bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Buster and 11 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buster?
Customer: No he's healtyh playful. But for the las two days we have had to wash his butt. His bowel is fine thougj
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please clarify Buster is "looking sick" yet he's "healthy (and) playful". The brown is likely to indicate simple fecal soilage accumulating in a skin fold or perhaps you're seeing anal gland secretion accumulating in that area. If the skin is normal after cleanse away the brown, the brown isn't likely contributory to his "looking sick".Please respond with clarification, additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?