Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My little dog has operatic breathing spasum JA: I'll do all

Customer Question

My little dog has operatic breathing spasum
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Like a cough then spasum to stomach
JA: Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sweetpea 6years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sweetpea?
Customer: No spasum quits then she is ok for a while then does it again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Sweetpea.I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:How long has she been doing this?How long do the episodes last?How frequently does she do this?Does anything seem to trigger it?What kind of dog is she?Are you able to upload a video of her doing this?I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.