Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog Sammy ate 6 large pieces of chocolate fudge. She is

Customer Question

My dog Sammy ate 6 large pieces of chocolate fudge. She is a standard poodle, approximately 42 lbs. I believe she ate it this morning, it was in my daughters room. We didn't know she ate it until she just puked and my daughter came home and told us what she ate.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if Sammy will be able to digest that. How old is Sammy?
Customer: She is 17 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sammy?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Was the fudge in the vomit? 2- How many hours since she ate it? 3- Any other symptoms?