Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I think my 40 lb dog just ate some DayQuil. She seems fine

Customer Question

Hi I think my 40 lb dog just ate some DayQuil. She seems fine but not sure if I should take her to the vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chloe, and she is about 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe,?
Customer: She's healthy otherwise
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. If it was just a small amount (< 1 teaspoon), then this should not be a problem. The amount of Aspirin and Phenylephrine is fairly low for a dog this size. If you see any excitation/ restlessness or neurologic signs, then I would get her seen. I think that is unlikely. The most you would be expected to see is some mild GI upset. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.