Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Pearl - our dog was fine all day. Left an hour.

Customer Question

Hi pearl - our dog was fine all day. Left for about an hour. Came home and he threw up a couple of times. Also, he will take a few steps then seems to lose strength in hind legs and plops down on floor. He is still eating and drinking. We took him out for a walk and he was fine. We came back in and he was back to taking a few steps, then losing strength. He has no access to any foods or toxins when we leave the house. However, he is a beagle and does sometimes eat things on walks in the grass. We are concerned it may be poisoning of some kind? Called vet and they said it did not sound critical.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the beagle ate?
Customer: No. Sometimes it's rocks. Sometimes it's nuts from coconut trees. We do our best but he seems to get to something on half our walks.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the beagle?
Customer: He has ivdd but when he is having one of those flare ups, he cries in pain. There seems to be no pain.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: And no other symptoms.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello.How old is your dog?Can you check his gums- are they pink, pale or blue?