Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My new puppy may of eaten a few of the beads in a plastic pouch

Customer Question

my new puppy may of eaten a few of the beads in a plastic pouch which are used for maintaining humidity for preservation of cigars. Do not know what is the actual material in the pouch and the store which sold me the cigars is closed on sundays. Did not each much but am concerned. He seems fine now. What do you recommend?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. These beads are non-toxic. The only problem would be if they cause an obstruction in the gut. Given the small size, that is unlikely. I would just make sure you are watching him over the next 2-3 days for any inappetence or vomiting. If you notice those signs, then get x-rays. As long as he's eating and passing stool normally, there should be no problems with this. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dave,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kirby. How is everything going?