Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Min. dashhound is crying walking around and drulling we put

Customer Question

min. dashhound is crying walking around and drulling we put out terro ant killer could this be it or does she maybe have an ear infection?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the hound's name and age?
Customer: Grace she is 6 or 7 year old
JA: What is the hound's name?
Customer: Grace is her name
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Grace?
Customer: no ,there no sign of her being injured
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. The ant trap shouldn't be an issue. We can sometimes see mild nausea, but they're essentially non-toxic. With a middle aged dachshund acting painful and crying out, the main worry I would have is a disc herniation in the back. These dogs will often present with non-specific signs of pain- yelping, reluctance to jump up, reluctance to do stairs, trembling, panting. The diagnosis is made when we palpate the back. We then treat with pain meds and exercise restriction for 1-2 weeks. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.