Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She's breathing very fast. JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What

Customer Question

She's breathing very fast.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jazzy. 10. Diabetic @1yr
JA: I'm sorry Jazzy has that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jazzy?
Customer: Just had vetsulin shot @1hr ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Entered my gmail. Was told it doesn't exist. Its a gmail account, not email
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I entered my debit card information and I'm getting no confirmation
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I'm sorry about the long wait. I just logged on and saw this. The rapid breathing is concerning in a diabetic. I would consider running in to a vet to do a glucose and ketone check to make sure she's not going into a DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis) state. If you want to just watch her at home, make sure she's eating ok, she's not vomiting and keep an eye on her gum color. It should be pink. If it's pale or blue, then I would be worried about her oxygenation. If you notice any other signs, let me know.