Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Dog licked off fur and the area is white--can't see any bite

Customer Question

Dog licked off fur and the area is white--can't see any bite marks. I called Vet and he asked if I had Bennedril- so I rushed in to town and got some. Gave him a capsule with peanut butter. He breathes like his nose is stopped up, but quit shaking. Husband gave him a bath tryig to see anything where he was tender.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Chaucer III. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. If he is itchy or you think this is an allergic reaction, you can give 25 mg Benadrl every 6 to 8 hours. Can you take his temperature with a thermometer? Are his gums pink in color? How big is this white area? Is it painful?