Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog has very yellow gums, not wanting to eat or drink and

Customer Question

My dog has very yellow gums, not wanting to eat or drink and walking very little and unstable when she does. She is a older and somewhat overweight dog. Do you have a idea what is going on?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She doesn't seem to have any injury, she does have "cherry eye"
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jenny, from the pound and we've had her about 9 years so probably at least 10
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jenny?
Customer: Not really, she's a farm dog and roams a couple hundred acre farm
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Jenny. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How long have her gums been yellow? This is a sign of serious illness, either liver disease or internal bleeding (called "hemolysis", breaking down of red blood cells). Is she eating, is she drinking? Any vomiting?