Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.

My terrier ate a cherry pit. I heard him crunch it.

Customer Question

My bull terrier ate a cherry pit. I heard him crunch it. He weighs approx 45 lbs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your bull terrier will be able to digest that. What is the bull terrier's name and age?
Customer: Elvi
s is 1 1/2 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Elvis?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.It is always concerning when a dog eats something that he shouldn't. Cherry pits do contain a toxic substance, but even a small dog has to eat a lot of them to get enough to cause a concern. I is small so it is not that likely to cause a blockage. He shouldn't have any problems!Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Once all your questions have been answered, please rate my answer.