Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

My dog drank some water that had cholrahexadrin. I just had

Customer Question

My dog drank some water that had cholrahexadrin. I just had surgery and this is what I'm using during shower time. My dog is a male- 14lbs Pekingnese. 5years old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: Nothing so far but I'm cancer for what signs I should be looking for since he drank that water with antiseptic.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Beau
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Beau?
Customer: Overall he's in good health. No medical issues.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you are concerned about Beau drinking water with Chlorhexidene in it.This is a very safe, gentle antibacterial and antifungal cleanser. We can use it in low concentrations in outdoor animal drinking water to prevent bacterial growth.In higher concentrations it might cause slight loose stools, and maybe mild nausea, but it is not organ toxic.If he took a few licks you may not see any symptoms at all.In short I don't think you need to be concerned about Beau. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I wanted to make sure that you didn't have any further questions for me, and I'd like to know how things turned out for your pup. If you could give me an update that would be great, thank you, ***** *****