Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

He has scaley itchy bumps on his back and legs JA: I'm sorry

Customer Question

He has scaley itchy bumps on his back and legs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no but I will. Could that be it? He has had some issue with this before. Yesterday He had 1 and I got him groomed. Later in the day when I got home he had about 6 of them
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: I feed him grain free food with some real chicken or salmon. Occasionally he will also get some rice or sweet potato. He is 10 yrs old and is the worlds best Bijon
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rascal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry to hear about Rascal's condition. These bumps sound like an allergic reaction and the treatment for this is Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Apply Cortaid, available over the counter at the pharmacy, to the area of the bumps which will help decrease the itching. Clip away some of the hair. Since this started prior to the grooming, this probably started before this but was aggravated by the grooming. If Rascal does not respond to the treatment, have your vet examine Rascal to be sure we did not miss something. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****