Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

I have a puppy she was a stray so history is unknown. When

Customer Question

I have a puppy she was a stray so history is unknown. When I left for work yesterday she was fine running around eating drinking. When I got home last night she would not eat only wants to sleep and looks like she has an eye infection.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It is hard to know what may be happening to Harley. If she has an infection, this will require an exam by your vet since antibiotics are only by prescription. The best thing you can do for Harley now is to give supportive care such as Pedialyte, given by mouth every 4-6 hrs to be sure that Harley remains hydrated and liquified canned dog food given by a syringe or turkey baster every 4-6 hrs. Also, apply Artificial Tears by Bausch and Lomb, available at the pharmacy over the counter, to the affected eye every 4-6 hrs. This will flush away any irritants or bacteria that may have invaded. If this is not enough, have your vet examine Harley to be sure that we did not miss anything. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Harley. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta