Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I just picked up my new puppy. She is 8 Weeks old, and she

Customer Question

I just picked up my new puppy. She is 8 Weeks old, and she committed several times since I picked her up earlier this evening. I thought it might be car sickness, as she had to endure about three hours in the car, but she is noticeably uncomfortable and her nose is dry.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?
Customer: She is not playful at all, and she keeps moving around like she cannot get comfortable.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. It does sound like this is probably stress induced vomiting or car sickness. There are a couple things you could give to settle her stomach. The first is Pepcid (Famotidine)- you could give 1/2 of a 10 mg tablet. The other is Meclizine (Antivert)- you can give 12.5 mg orally. Both can help with nausea and upset stomach. If that doesn't help, then I would get her seen by a vet for injectable meds and probably some fluids to help with her hydration. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?