Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Yes my year and a half ***** ***** terrer has bad sores on his ears and the vet in Windso

Customer Question

yes my year and a half ***** ***** terrer has bad sores on his ears and the vet in Windsor mo said he had ear infection. but she did not even do anything but put this stuff in it the last for 28 days, she didn't know what was even wrong just because it was red. Befor I left in 5 secones it was bleeding. now there is sores with yellow and red stuff coming out all over looks like a hole in his ears bad cuts and noe its starting on other ear and his body. Hair is coming out with it. he is in pain and wont let you touch him . Drinking some water but not eating. Please Please help me. Around here knows nothing no good vets its all about money. Cant lose him he is my baby. Please im not rich and on disibily he keeps me alive.he is in pain holds his head to the side and trys to shake but hurts him.I have another one and not quit a year can he get it?
Submitted: 5 months ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't want no free trial just a answer and I hope its the one im needing . I don't have money for things like this I just need to know if my dog will be ok Im afraid. no free trial and no monthely payment nothing just answer. Please please I m on disibily and cant afford this. you got 5$ of my bill money for the right answer. I would not even know it it is the right one or not I just don't want to see him in this pain.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. It sounds like he may be having a contact reaction in his ear. I would try to clean them out with some saline solution. After that, you can use a topical antibiotic like Neosporin on the wounds. That should help soothe them and get them to heal. I would also try some Benadryl (Diphenhydramine). This can help with the irritation and inflammation. The dose in dogs is 1-2 mg per lb body weight. It can be given every 6-8 hours, as needed. Those are some things you can try from home to see if you get it under control. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi Rita Coit,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Buddy. How is everything going?