Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My dog is drooling excessively seems very week and is breathing

Customer Question

My dog is drooling excessively seems very week and is breathing weird
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She had been eating cat poop
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's 5 months old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Because of Bella's young age, it sounds like she may have ingested something toxic that is causing these symptoms. If it came on all of sudden, this may be an allergic reaction to something that Bella has come into contact with. The first thing to do is to give Bella Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Then take fresh water and flush out her mouth 2-3 times as best you can to remove any of the toxic material that is causing her symptoms. If this does not help within a few minutes or hour, take Bella immediately to your vet. If this becomes an anaphylactic allergic reaction, her throat could swell so she cannot breath...keep a very close eye on her for teh day to know. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is this an allergic reaction to the cat poop? How do I clean out her system?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know she has been eating cat litter and I'm worried that's what's causing the upset
Puppies are known to eat cat poop and that will not cause this reaction There are certain litters, however, that your Bella may be allergic to. It may be wise to keep the litter box up so Bella cannot get to it or change litters.