Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 11 year old lab, has a lump on his front foot the size of

Customer Question

my 11 year old lab, has a lump on his front foot the size of a golf ball his veterinary
advice to put him to sleep,he is taking med for pain and inflammation.
now the center of the ball it opened up and it looks like mass coming out what can i do
the vet is out of town most drs don't work on week ends, the dog appetite is good
just not active but it looks bad what can i do for him? thank you luria
lake havasu city az.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Is he licking the lump? 2- How long has he had the lump? 3- Has your vet done any testing on the lump like a biopsy or FNA to determine the type of lump?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.