Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

Pearl. I'm Amanda and the dog In question is named Tigger.

Customer Question

hi Pearl. I'm Amanda and the dog In question is named Tigger. I got home this afternoon and his muzzle is very swollen and he is vomiting? Should I take him in?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did In Question Is Named Tigger eat anything unusual?
Customer: No I checked the yard and seen nothing gout of the ordinary. He is otherwise pretty Happy
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. How old is In Question Is Named Tigger?
Customer: He is 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about In Question Is Named Tigger?
Customer: Nope otherwise super heathly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.The most common reason for a dog to have a swollen muzzle is some kind of allergic reaction... often to an insect bite, but it could be anything really. More serious allergic reactions can effect them systemically.... causing things like vomiting, diarrhea, and low blood pressure. These more serious allergic reactions really need to be treated with steroids. It might be helpful to give benadryl, but with the vomiting I would recommend taking him to the vet ASAP to be on the safe side. I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions please let me know. If not, please rate my answer.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Stacy