Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My dog (lasa a paso, 15yrs., 10#s has been sick 5

Customer Question

My dog (lasa a paso, 15yrs., 10#s has been sick for about 5 months. Vet has had her on about 6 different meds. She has white mucus coming out her nose, sneezing, yellow stuff in her eyes, and mucus in her throat, and can hardly breathe.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sassy, she can hardly breathe.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sassy?
Customer: No. But I am ready to find another vet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. This long-lasting situation is very difficult for me to jump into the middle but I would be pleased to review Sassy's diagnosis, tests results, and therapy. Can you upload a copy of her records and test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Sassy's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as If you're considering another vet, please consider a specialist veterinary internist whom you can find here:

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?