Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

What to do if you small dog ate a large chocolate bar with

Customer Question

what to do if you small dog ate a large chocolate bar with peanuts
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about chocolate toxicity.I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:How long ago did he eat the chocolate?How is he acting right now?How much does he weigh?Exactly what type of chocolate bar was this and what size (regular, king?)Does you dog have any other health problems or take any medications?I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.