Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

I have a two year old female blue pitbull. Recently, we have

Customer Question

I have a two year old female blue pitbull. Recently, we have been noticing that she is getting dark blotches of hair growing in. Her skin is fine, no rashes, bumps, or irritations. The areas that are dark seem to be thicker hair. She is on a fish based, grain free organic diet and she gets coconut oil mixed in her food. She does have allergies and takes medicine prescribed by her vet for that. Is this just some kind of adult hair growing in or something else that warrants a trip to the vet? Thanks.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Luna. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. It can be normal for hair color to change as dogs age. If the dark hair is the same consistency and length as the surrounding hair; is not more coarse or shorter or thinner and the skin is not itchy or red, this could be normal. Can you post a picture of it here?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Luna. How is everything going?