Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

Red ear. No discharge. No smell. This morning it was normal

Customer Question

Red ear. No discharge. No smell. This morning it was normal colored but now, it's red again.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Sorry to hear that your dog has a red ear. Often this is allergy related even if there is no discharge but sometimes they can be itchy. Steps to take today:- Benadryl 1 mg/ pound every 8 hours which may cause sedation but will help aid if this is allergy related- 50/50 white vinegar and water with cotton balls to while the ear out even if there appears to be no debris. Please no cotton ballsIf the redness is not resolving or progressing then please consider a veterinary exam so we can rule out anything within the ear canal not visible with the naked eye within the horizontal canalPlease let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope your dog ear is looking less red quickly! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 5 months ago.
Hi Diana,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman