Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We have a ***** ***** cross who dischargers some blood from

Customer Question

We have a ***** ***** cross who dischargers some blood from her vagina especially after exercise. She chases our other dog who is much stronger than she and tends to over do herself
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. How old is Russell?
Customer: 3 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Russell?
Customer: she has not been cut, we live in Thailand and they dish out these tablets to keep the females off heat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. It sounds like she may have a sub-clinical infection present in the vagina or just into the uterus. A round of antibiotics may take care of it, but ultimately I think spaying may be the answer to get this under control. If you want to try the antibiotics first, I would suggest a round of Cephalexin or Amoxicillin. Otherwise, schedule a spay and then you can stop the oral contraceptive meds. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?