Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.

My dog came home with his mouth open and was vey thirsty.

Customer Question

My dog came home with his mouth open and was vey thirsty. He seems to not want to clos his mouth.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Chico seems unwilling to close his mouth tonight - I'll do my best to help. Is he able to close his mouth at all or is it impossible for him to close it? If he is unable to close his mouth (he tries but can't, or you can't get his mouth to close with gentle pressure under his chin) then I'd be very worried for something like a jaw fracture or an object stuck in the mouth that is keeping it from closing. In some cases a tooth that has been pushed out of place can also keep a pet from being able to close their mouth. I'd be happy to review a video or a picture of what's going on if it's difficult to explain in text. Ultimately the best thing to do if he seems in any distress or ill would be to have hime xamined by a vet.Please let me know what questions I can handle for you.~Dr. Sara ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how do I send a video
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 6 months ago.
The easiest way would be to upload it to a site like YouTube or Vimeo and then share a link here.~Dr. Sara