Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Trying to load a picture of her skin

Customer Question

Trying to load a picture of her skin and we have tried everything on it it continues to have this foul odor to it and almost an oily like substance she is scratching all the time because of the condition once the conditions better she stop scratching I don't know if I should keep her in a little steroid but of the skin itself as soon as I can send a picture I will
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  James-cssm replied 7 months ago.
Hi Noel,
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/9o98d-trying-load-picture-skin-tried-everything.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. I would very much like to see photos of her skin. Which breed and how old is she? The foul odor and oily-like substance indicate seborrhea oleosa which is a skin disease of maturation and keratinization. This can be a primary skin disorder in some breeds but most often a secondary disorder to any chronic skin condition.