Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Our dog is 13 months old and has hip dysplasia, She is on

Customer Question

our dog is 13 months old and has hip dysplasia, She is on prescription food - Hills JD. I just bought trader joes glucosamine chondroitin chewable tablets. the dog is 57 pounds. directions indicate 1 tablet for every 20 lbs morning and night. As vthere is glucosamine hydrochloride and chondroitin sulfate in the hills food, is it safe for her to take 2 1/2 pills twice a day. obviously hip replacement would be good however we do not have $13,000 to have this dine. we want our dog to be happy and painfree and are hoping this will help, thank you so much for your help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.What is the dosage of glucosamine in each tablet?