Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

She ate a febreze air freshener JA: IÂ'm sorry to hear that.

Customer Question

she ate a febreze air freshener
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: sophie--she is 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. These are not truly toxic, but they are very irritating to the gums, esophagus and stomach. They can cause ulceration and burns to the mucosal membranes. This leads to vomiting, nausea, decreased appetite and pain. In severe cases, we'll treat with anti-nausea meds, pain meds and fluids. If she is still eating/ drinking ok, then it should resolve on it's own without any specific therapy. The other issue is a foreign body. If she is vomiting and not eating, you may consider x-rays to make sure the packaging did not cause an obstruction. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?