Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has had a cough now 6 months or more and has

Customer Question

My dog has had a cough now for about 6 months or more and has been treated for kennel caught twice but only with a 10 day course of pills. Next stage is to get he's chest x.rayed but at 250 pounds when he is eating drinking and happy is a lot of Money to be told he is got something seriously wrong. However I have noticed he has brought up some Flem the last few days that is very very smelly? Can I get that looked at rather then get him x.rayed? ?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What confuses you?
Customer: The money they charge so fare it's cost me 220 and we are no further forward now they want to x ray? He is eating and drinking fine I just don't want to pay another load of money to be told there is nothing they can do.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog? The Veterinarian's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: He is coughing up smelly green Flem he's breath smells like the Flem. One day he hardly coughs the next he coughs a little more. However he is eating and drinking and running round like a loony
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: ? Zeus
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog. Can you tell me his age? And what the antibiotics he has taken were? And did he improve while he took them?