Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Westie 14.5 years old has a dry cough and has become very wobbly

Customer Question

Westie 14.5 years old has a dry cough and has become very wobbly on her back legs.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds on foot
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Holly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Holly?
Customer: Her right hind leg seems to be weaker than the left but both stiff. She has fallen down a couple of times as though her back legs just give way and she either rolls on her side of flopsonto her belly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long has she had these signs?Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?Does she ever sit down fatigued on walks or faint when she goes down?At rest, is she breathing faster then usual (>30 breaths per minute)?