Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She barked a lot last night because I left her on the bed for

Customer Question

She barked a lot last night because I left her on the bed for her own safety. Now she is breathing fast and has a raspy , honking noise.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I gave her Benadryl
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Lillie bell .. She is 10
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Any coughing?Can she eat and drink normally?Are her gums pink or pale/white?Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?What dose of Benadryl did you give? How much does she weigh?