Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog is on vetoryl . It is too expense to keep

Customer Question

My dog is on vetoryl for cushing. It is too expense to keep buying any suggestion ?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: Cushing
JA: Where does Cushing seem to hurt?
Customer: thirsty not very active
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. How old is Cushing?
Customer: 13.5 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cushing?
Customer: n/a
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear your dog has Cushing's disease. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. You can see if you can save money getting the generic form, trilostane, from a compounding pharmacy like Roadrunner: https://www.roadrunnerpharmacy.com/ You will need a prescription from your veterinarian if this option can save you money. The other drug to treat Cushings's is Lysodren, but it may be just as expensive and has more side effects. Cushex drops, available online, can help with Cushing's symptoms, but is not a substitute for Vetoryl. Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can help with or answer.