How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 23740
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 75 pound lab got a jar of "Kitchen Cabinet Crème" off the

Customer Question

Our 75 pound lab got a jar of "Kitchen Cabinet Crème" off the table. He got the top off and some spilled out. I don't know if he ate any, he wasn't standing by it, but he probably at least licked it. The bottle was a caution about getting it out of your eyes but doesn't say anything about ingesting it. He seems OK but is there something I should do?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
The MSDS sheet on this product indicates that it contains mostly water, "oil" and glycerin and that inducing emesis isn't appropriate. Diluting whatever was ingested is how this type of ingestion is approached. I would offer him tasty fluids in the form of milk, cream, broths, or bouillons and expect nothing more than transient gastrointestinal distress - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea - from ingesting such an unusual "food". Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin

Related Dog Veterinary Questions