Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I am concerned about my 15 lb 2 year old westie.. We

Customer Question

Hello! I am concerned about my 15 lb 2 year old westie.. We had a normal day today: walk, food, water, etc.. about 3 hours ago I gave her an "over the counter" topical flea/tick medication.. I hadn't been paying too much attention to her as I was doing stuff around the house. She came up to me about an hour ago with a weird walk.. She is almost curved in a c to the right side. I can't explain it besides that. It's like she is hunched to one side.. However, she is walking/eating/drinking/playing normally..
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no wounds, nothing out of the ordinary.. no pain.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this.
Customer: I gave her a bath to rinse off the medication because that is the ONLY thing that we did different today.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is DRB. Do you have time to chat about your dog?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Since I am not hearing back from you I will opt out and allow another expert to help you. Sincerely, DRB
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am sorry that your Westie is acting this way, is there any type of twitch that you are noticing? Are both her pupils reactive to light? Thank you