Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Dry crust on lips lower. Some areas torn with wider open wounds. JA:

Customer Question

dry crust on lips lower. Some areas torn with wider open wounds.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: no bleeding. A trooper. 142 lbs shephard.
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Shadow. almost 7 years.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shadow?
Customer: 1 year history of dermatitis over body. On bagged food with high protein to eliminate allergies and stuff. Some improvement. lesions on skin have turn into dry dandruff areas.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
James, can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't see a way to send a picture. Need an email address. Otherwise a call.(###) ###-#### *****
You can send photos to***@******.*** who will forward them to me. That can take up to 24 hours. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.