Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Four-month-old puppy. 11 pounds. Eight one half of an Excedrin.

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Ate not eight
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: Golden Doodle
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has it been since she ate it? 2- Can you look at the label and tell me the name and milligrams of each ingredients? 3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Friend, it seems like you have gone offline. I am going to opt out so another expert can help you if you return.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
I'll follow up for Dr. Peter for you. One half of an Excedrin contains 125 mg of acetominophen, 125 mg of aspirin, and 32.5 mg of caffeine. None of those ingredients is dangerous to an 11 lb dog in those amounts. You might see transient agitation from the caffeine. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.