Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My chihauhua was scratched on her eye by a stray cat ... it

Customer Question

My chihauhua was scratched on her eye by a stray cat ... it was bleeding a little initially but I dabbed it with a cold paper towel - she seems to be fine and wasn't in any pain when I put the towel on it. She's not rubbing it or anything, but I'm concerned - I already have checkup appointment with the vet but it's not until next Saturday. Not sure what to do?????
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the stray dog?
Customer: I'm sorry - I mean't to say stray cat - she has four kittens. I've only had the dog for a couple of weeks and I didn't know the cat was there with her babies.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I have a question before I can help you properly, was the eye itself scratched or was the skin or eyelid very near the eye scratched? Dr. Dan