Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Onto ear is moist & doubt infected..he is 12 yrs

Customer Question

Onto ear is moist & doubt infected..he is 12 yrs old..35 # shakes & rubs head on rugs.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Teddy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?
Customer: Scale to, crusty back skin, with wart like eruptions..not moist.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please clarify "Onto ear..."Which breed is Teddy? Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing. It sounds as if Teddy will need to see his vet if only to have his ear tested for the presence of bacteria and yeast, thoroughly irrigated, and then packed with the appropriate ointment.