Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

I was just on here and got the free trial membership somehow

Customer Question

I was just on here and got the free trial membership somehow lost connection with whoever I was talking too. My question again is this my 1 year old chicuawa is dry heaving for 3 days. She is drinking water but that is it. Her pee is normal but she pooped last night for the first time and it look like a regular poop with the exception of black runny stuff. She is again 1 year old and her name is gidget.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. IT appears that sweet little Gidget has a digestive disturbance caused by something odd that she may have ingested. The treatment for this is as follows: Fast Gidget for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.Give only SMALL amounts of water during the fast or ICE Cubes After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)If Gidget's distress has resolved, then wean her back onto regular food. If the this persists especially during the fast, take your sweet Gidget to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an intestinal obstruction. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****