Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

I think my Golden Doodle, 7 months, 42 lbs. ate a 650

Customer Question

Hi, I think my Golden Doodle, 7 months, 42 lbs. ate a 650 mg tab of Tylenol. 30 min. ago. So far she is fine. Suggestions?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Thanks.
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Not at all, she is running around the back yard. I dropped one on the floor and she got it. Couldnt get it out of her mouth. So far she is good!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Was Spayed 2 weeks ago and recovering well. Good appetite, plays, no problems post up.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can. Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
Given your dogs size, it is unlikely she will have any side effects from the medication. She is not at a toxic dose, and would really need to eat quite a few more for this to be a problem. There is always the chance that she can have some very mild GI upset from anything she eats (vomiting or diarrhea), however that is unlikely with this amount and I do not expect any long term damage. She should be just fine!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if I can help you any further. I wish you both the best. Have a great day!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!